Monday, October 3, 2016

It's October Already?!

Somewhere, someone must have hit the fast forward button on the school year. How is it already October?!? Fall is in the air, and everyone is loving it. Well, almost everyone. True confession: I hate fall. I know, shocking, isn't it? To me, it's the death of summer (my favorite season) and the start of allergies and less sunlight. But enough whining, here's the September highlights:

  • I finally completed my part in the Math Framework project for the state. It was such a crazy, stressful, amazing honor and opportunity for growth to have the chance to work with such talented educators from across the state.

  • I had to take my first sick day. Unfortunately, there were no subs available to pick up the job. Nothing makes you feel worse like knowing your colleagues have to split your class because you are ill. Thankfully, they are fantastic ladies who are willing to step up whenever the need arises.
Sick+Guilt+ Bored= Weird selfies

  • My Sunday night Zumba class started up again, which means I'll be missing out on participating in #oklaed chats on Twitter until the holiday season. Thankfully, I still have #kinderchat on Monday nights. If you have never participated, or at least watched/read, an ed twitter chat, you are missing out! Hands down, some of the best PD and networking available. I've learned more in an hour-long chat than in some week-long workshops. It's such a great way to connect with educators from across the world. Seriously, go check it out!

  • Of course, September means apples. We learned all about our 5 senses during our apple unit this month. Last Friday was Apple Day, and we made Apple Pie Bites and Applesauce! My kinders had so much fun, and it was great to hear their observations and newly gained vocabulary in conversations with their table mates. We used modified versions of these recipes, Apple Pie Bites/ Applesauce, which I found on Pinterest.

Apple Pie Bites pre-baking.
 Shout out to the world's best cafeteria ladies!
They graciously baked our treats for us.

All the ingredients ready to make applesauce!
My kinders were a bit eager to try their tasty creations, so there are no after shots.

September was crazy busy and a tad stressful, but I'm so excited to see how much my kinders have grown so far this year. Bring on October!



Ms. S

No comments:

Post a Comment