Sunday, August 28, 2016

There's No Tired Like Teacher Tired

The first full week is over, and as expected, it was long and tiring. I know have 22 darlings in my class, and about half have very strong personalities. I can already tell that it's going to be "one of those years." Oddly, I'm OK with it. I've had angel classes the past 3 years as I've dealt with personal issues, so it feels like I'm about due. I can't really do anything to change it anyway, so it's best to buck up, put a smile on my face, and do my job with the same level of passion and professionalism.

Although extremely tiring, it was a good week. Here are the highlights.

  • My Donor's Choose project was fully funded!
  • We had our first (unplanned) fire drill, and my kids did an amazing job!
  • We had our back to school dance. I loved dancing with my new and former students.
  • We had our first Sno-Cone Friday to celebrate making it through the week.
Yay for sno-cones and weekends!
I'm looking forward to fall, when routines are more settled and my energy levels have caught up. Perhaps then I'll be able to work on more purposeful posts beyond updates.

Have a great week!

Ms.S 

No comments:

Post a Comment