Sunday, August 21, 2016

And So It Begins

Friday the 12th was my first "official-I-have-to-be-here-now" day back at school. After Convocation, my dear principal let us have a work day, which led to a first for me. It took 9 years, but my classroom was ready before Meet the Teacher night and the 1st day of school!

Practically Pinterest Perfect!

The classroom of my dreams

Yes, the green table doesn't match. And yes, it is annoying.

***Disclaimer*** I have moved buildings or rooms for 4 out of my prior 8 years of teaching. And it takes time to make a room fit your needs. So don't be a Judgey McJudgerson.

The following week was filled with two more workdays, PD, and training on our new reading curriculum. Friday the 19th, I  got to meet the 21 new kinders that make up my class. It was an exciting and exhausting day. I celebrated with a weekend of wine, pasta, napping, Pokemon, and my very first #oklaed chat.

Tomorrow brings the first full week. Here's to incredible and exhausting new beginnings!

Ms.S

No comments:

Post a Comment