Thursday, August 11, 2016

I'm Back...Maybe

Well, here we are two years later. I had the greatest intentions of posting more, however life happens. I think I'm still trying to figure out what I want this blog to be. In prepping for this post, I went back and read my entries from my old blog. I am definitely not that teacher anymore, which is neither a good nor bad thing, just different. Here's hoping I can commit to a blogging habit this time.

In honor of my love of bulleted lists, here are Things That I've Learned during my hiatus:

  • Moving is the absolute worst, but is often necessary and good. In two years, I've moved houses twice, and schools once. Here's hoping I can stay and grow roots where I've been planted. And if not, I'm selling it all and going on a permanent vacation. 
  • Getting a graduate degree can take your career in an unforeseen direction, and it is so awesome. Unexpected adventures are the best.
  • Kindergarten still rocks! Watching  5-year-olds conquer concepts and discover the world around them never gets old. There is no other grade I'd rather teach.
  • The longer I teach, the more I look forward to quality professional development and collaboration. Tomorrow, I officially return to work to start my 9th year of teaching. I'm hoping the 5 days of PD before the First Day will yield some useful tools and ideas.
  • Burnout is real, and it changes you. But, as long as there is a glowing ember left in the ashes, there is hope.


That's all I can think of for now.

See you in two years...or maybe sooner.

Ms.S

No comments:

Post a Comment